This simple salmon rice bowl brings you restaurant-level flavor in the simplicity of a home-cooked meal.
I crave this simple salmon bowl when I want sushi, but don’t want to spend the money out. Instead, it’s really easy to make a similar sushi-flavored bowl at home!
I love to make cooking easy on weeknights, so I wanted to share this recipe as it uses plenty of simple shortcut foods such as frozen edamame (simply microwave), microwavable brown rice (done in 3 minutes), as well as ready-to-eat cucumber, avocado, and seaweed. And the sauce gives it tons of quick flavor!
Simple Salmon Rice Bowl
- 2 cups rice of choice (I used Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice for a super fast option!)
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sriracha mayo (or mix together sriracha and kewpie mayo)
- 1 avocado, diced
- seaweed snacks, for topping (optional)
- chopped green onion
- 2 mini cucumbers, diced
- black sesame seeds, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Pat salmon filets dry, then add to baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, prepare rice. Once rice is finished, divide among bowls and drizzle with 1/2 soy sauce and sriracha mayo mixture.
- Chop cucumber and add to bowls, as well as avocado, green onion.
- Once salmon is done cooking, add to bowls. Top with crushed seaweed snacks and black sesame seeds. Drizzle with additional mayo and soy sauce as desired.
Love Salmon Recipes?
Try this Roasted Ginger Miso Salmon with Bok Choy & Brown Rice Recipe!