Sesame Garlic Tofu Ramen – a savory weeknight dish that can be made in 15 minutes
This dish packs a flavor PUNCH and will leave your taste buds wanting more. There’s nothing like being able to quickly whip up your favorite take-out dish at home.
Sometimes when it’s rainy and bleak outside, all I want is a warm bowl of comforting ramen. And then I’ll take it to the next level with this sauce – OMG this sauce. Savory and packed with umami flavor. The best comforting home-cooked meal! Print
Sesame Garlic Tofu Ramen
This savory Sesame Garlic Tofu Ramen recipe is the perfect weeknight dish that can be made in under 15 minutes. Make your favorite take-out dish easily at home!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp gochujang sauce or sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TBSP brown sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 packets ramen noodles (do not use the seasoning packets)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1 package extra firm baked tofu (example)
- 1.5 – 2 cups fresh or frozen stir fry vegetables (such as snow peas, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, green beans, etc)
- 1 bunch green onions, ends thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for topping
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Fill a large saucepot with water and bring to a boil. Add ramen and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- While ramen is cooking, heat sesame oil in large wok and add garlic and ginger, saute for about 1 minute on medium heat, or until fragrant. Add vegetables and tofu and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles and sauce to wok with vegetables and tofu and stir, mixing to combine. Cook until sauce is absorbed for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
*I made this recipe gluten free by using GF Ramen noodles (this brand) and by using GF hoisin sauce.
Keywords: ramen, gluten free ramen, ramen noodles, asian ramen, tofu vegan ramen, vegan ramen
Better than take-out Ramen.
Try these other speedy weeknight meals: