A favorite quick meatless recipe – Plant-based Mushroom Chorizo Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Wanting to be mindful of your meat intake or try more plant-based protein? Try this quick, delicious meatless meal made in under 15 minutes – that’s a win-win in my book!
The chorizo used in this recipe is Beyond Meat Sausage – they are SO good. Simply crumble as best you can, or chop into bite-sized pieces, and heat up on a skillet for just a few minutes per side! A great way to get some protein if you’re being mindful of meat consumption. And they’re extremely flavorful, just try them and you’ll see!
Plant-based Mushroom Chorizo Lettuce Wraps
These plant-based mushroom chorizo lettuce wraps will leave you feeling satisfied and content. Packed with flavor and nutrition, and done in just 15 minutes! The perfect speedy weeknight meatless meal.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (8 total lettuce wraps) 1x
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 package romaine lettuce cups
- 1 package Beyond Sausage
- fresh pico de gallo
- 2–3 cups bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic
For the Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP mayonaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot water to thin (if necessary), start with 1 tsp
- Add sliced mushrooms to saute pan with the tablespoon of olive oil and season with paprika, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Cook on medium-high heat, without moving, until browned on one side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir, then cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mostly golden brown on all sides. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Take mushrooms out of pan and set to the side. In the same pan (add more olive oil if needed), add crumbled sausage links and heat on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, turning frequently. Once cooked, set aside.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a small blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy throughout. Add hot water to thin if necessary, starting with just 1 tsp.
- Assemble lettuce wraps: top each romaine cup with desired amount of mushrooms, sausage, pico de gallo, and drizzle with avocado aioli. Top with additional cilantro if desired. Makes about 8 lettuce cups. Enjoy!
Keywords: plant-based chorizo lettuce wraps, meatless chorizo mushrooms lettuce tacos
Want more meatless meal ideas? Check out these Vegan Recipes!
If you’re ready for a mouthful of delicious, flavorful flair, then try these meatless lettuce wraps ASAP!