Craving pepperoni pizza, but also want to nourish your body with some nutritious ingredients?
This Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Casserole (Veggie-Packed!) is my go-to when I want a flavor-packed dish I can eat all week long.
It’s decadent, cheesy, delicious, but also packed with quinoa, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and zucchini for a fiber-packed dish. Balanced & tasty!
The perfect family-pleasing meal that you can customize and make your own. Vegetarian? Leave off the pepperonis. Vegan? Swap out the cheese. Want more spice? Add a touch of cayenne. Make it your own! Print
Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Casserole (Veggie-Packed!)
This decadent, cheesy, pepperoni pizza quinoa casserole is the best way to enjoy quinoa. Also packed with veggies for extra fiber and nutrients. A balanced, tasty dish that keeps well in the fridge all week!
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 4 minute
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or bone broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz turkey pepperoni slices
- red pepper flakes, optional
- fresh basil, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil or Spray 9×9 in baking dish with nonstick oil and set aside.
- Add 1 cup rinsed quinoa to a saucepan and add 2 cups water or broth. Heat to boiling, then turn down to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa cooks, add 1 TBSP of the olive oil to a sauté pan. Set heat to medium-high and add garlic and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add mushrooms, pepper, and zucchini. Cook for another few minutes until soft. Set aside.
- While veggies sauté, mix together sauce ingredients: tomato paste, 2 TBSP olive oil, warm water, onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Whisk until mixed well.
- Once quinoa is done cooking, add to 9 x 9 baking dish with the veggies, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, and sauce. Mix well in pan and spread until even. Sprinkle extra cheese and pepperoni slices on top if desired. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with red pepper flakes and basil if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Keep in in airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
Keywords: quinoa pizza, pizza casserole, veggie-packed quinoa pizza
Into quinoa lately? You may also like this Flavorful Mediterranean Quinoa Salad!