Delicious, Moist, and Fluffy Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
All you could ever want and easy to make!
Deliciously simple to make. Lover of lemon? You’ll adore this Fluffy Lemon Poppyseed Loaf!
I’m usually not a huge citrus fan, but for some reason I was craving something lemon poppyseed flavored, and this loaf was calling my name!
Fluffy Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
This Fluffy Lemon Poppyseed Loaf has just enough sweetness, and just enough moistness. Simple to make and throw in the oven for a warm, delicious loaf!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
For the loaf:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP lemon juice (about 1– 1 1/2 lemons)
For the glaze:
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup+ powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×5 in load pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: egg, granulated sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to combine (avoid overmixing).
- Pour batter into bread pan evenly. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and mix together glaze ingredients. Drizzle over loaf and enjoy!
Keywords: lemon poppyseed loaf, lemon bread, poppyseed muffins
It’s been SO cold out lately, and with a new baby at home, I’ve found enjoyment and comfort in baking. It can be such a fun activity and stress-reliever, plus you end up with something yummy to enjoy! What are your favorite things to bake? Some others of mine include Homemade Gluten Free Everything Bagels (when I have more time), as well as these Baked GF Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. YUM!