It’s finally the holiday season..which means it’s the perfect time to try these Delicious Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Cookies!
They are crisp yet soft, flavorful, sweet, and dense. A delicious cookie that everyone will love! I love making these for friends and family, and they also make the perfect gift to give neighbors, teachers, and coworkers! Print
Delicious Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Cookies
These delicious Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are perfect for the holiday season! Made with nourishing ingredients to keep you energized! These cookies are gluten free & vegan for those with food allergies.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 60 min
- Yield: 1 dozen cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Diet: Vegan
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 4 TBSP cocoa powder
- 4 TBSP melted coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- dash of cinnamon
For the Coating and Toppings:
- 1 container vanilla frosting (Simple Mills has a yummy one!)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes for topping
- Mix all cookie ingredients together into a mixing bowl. Mix until a dough forms. It may be crumbly, and this is okay. Add dough to the fridge to set for ~10-15 minutes.
- While dough is cooling, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once dough has chilled, form into small cookie balls and add to baking sheet, repeating with all dough.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes. Once done, let cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool, add a dollup of vanilla icing to top of cookie and smooth. Repeat for all cookies.
- Next, crush up some candy canes into small bits for topping. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and coconut oil to a small bowl and microwave to melt. Stir until smooth.
- One by one, dip cookies into melted chocolate with a fork until completely covered. Set cookie back to baking sheet and repeat. As you coat cookies in chocolate, top one by one with crushed candy cane pieces.
- Once all cookies are coated in chocolate and candy cane bits, place back in freezer to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy! Store in either the fridge or freezer.
Keywords: healthy peppermint chocolate holiday cookies
The frosting is just an extra fun way to add a creamy center…you don’t want to skip that! Any type of frosting will do, or even easier, make your own with powdered sugar and coconut oil!