Oh wow. These Chewy Salted Caramel Date Truffles may just be life changing…
These vegan chocolate truffles are made with delicious ingredients such as dates, cashew butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and sea salt, plus some coconut and almond flour to make it more cake-like. These were completely made by accident (failed following a different recipe, oops! LOL) but BOY AM I GLAD these came to be instead. They are absolutely INCREDIBLE! I can’t stop eating them straight out of the freezer. These are the perfect dessert to literally stop what you’re doing and truly stop and SAVOR.
Chewy Salted Caramel Date Truffles
Chewy, dense, delicious Salted Caramel Date Truffles! These will make your DAY. So easy to make and made with plant-based ingredients.
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Diet: Vegan
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 10 mins
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 TBSP cashew butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 TBSP warm water, to thin (if needed)
- 6–8oz dark chocolate chips or 1 large chocolate bar
- In a food processor, add drained soaked dates, melted coconut oil, almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, and cashew butter. Blend until completely mixed and smooth. A sticky dough should form. If too thick, add TBSP of hot water to thin as needed.
- Let dough chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled, take out and scoop TBSP sized balls and add to parchment or wax-lined baking sheet. If dough is still sticky and hard to form into balls, continue to chill in fridge or even freezer.
- Once balls are formed, melt chocolate in microwave or double broiler, and stir frequently. Once chocolate is smooth and melted, scoop each ball individually and add to bowl of chocolate, covering completely. Add covered ball back to baking sheet and top with large sea salt flakes if desired. Continue to repeat for all dough balls.
- Add truffles to freezer and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy! Truffles are stored best in freezer.
Keywords: Chewy Salted Caramel Date Truffles, vegan truffles, caramel truffles gluten free, healthier truffles, plant-based date truffles
Pop these babies out of the freezer anytime you want a delicious, nourishing dessert. Your whole family will LOVE these, trust me!