Yep, it’s that time of year – fall is here and all things pumpkin are making an entrance! Try these classic Pumpkin Walnut Muffins – my favorite moist fall muffin packed with flavor, and the perfect crunch with walnuts.
These will be sure to please the whole family. Super moist and just the perfect balance of sweetness and savory!
Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
These moist muffins are the perfect fall Pumpkin Muffin. Easily make gluten free by swapping out all purpose flour for GF flour. These muffins are a classic you need every autumn season!
- Author: Caroline Green, RDN, LD
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 TBSP molasses
- 2 TBSP creamy cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin tin with liners and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, vanilla, cashew butter, molasses and melted butter until combined. Then add in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Lastly, add in walnuts and fold in throughout batter. Mix until well combined and batter is thick and uniform.
- Fill the muffin tins with batter all the way full and almost overflowing. Repeat for all 12.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes in the oven, then turn temperature down to 350 degrees, and continue to bake for another 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Want more muffin ideas?
Try these Vegan Chocolate Muffins with Cashew Caramel Sauce!